Each month we’ll be highlighting a GiftWorks team member and getting to know them just a little bit more! GiftWorks software is nonexistent without you, the user and the wonderful staff at GiftWorks. So, let’s get to know Carol Roe shall we!
Your name: Carol Roe
Title at GiftWorks: Sales Team Member
A little blurb about yourself and some hobbies? Travel? I married my high school sweetheart eons ago and have 4 children and 7 grandchildren who are the loves of my life. The kids are grown and on their own and we enjoy being with the grand kids, some of which live close by. I also love travelling, especially to the Outer Banks. This year we’re cruizin’ to Bermuda and really looking forward to that. I love to read and to garden and anything to do with warm wonderful hot summers.
2. What attracted you to working at GiftWorks? 2 reasons. 1) For me personally, the challenge of learning GiftWorks and 2) Helping nonprofits to work more effectively and grow beyond their expectations.
3. What’s your favorite Candy, and why? Dark chocolate. Tastes good and is practically medicinal.
4. Favorite sport, and favorite team? Baseball, the Phillies.
5. If you could be an animal, what would it be? Golden Retriever. I’m already blonde and happy-go-lucky!
6. If you could only watch one movie for the rest of your life, what movie would that be?
Sleepless in Seattle!
7. Who is your favorite Beatle? Paul McCartney…we were born the same day.
8. Favorite board game? Rummy-O.
9. When cheese gets its picture taken, what does it say? Wine.
10. If you could possess one supernatural ability, what would it be? Fly.
11. If you won the lottery, what is the first thing you would do? I never play, so I’d think it was a dream.
12. If you could be instantly fluent in one other language that you currently do not read or speak, which would it be? French.
13. If you had to be trapped in a TV show for a month, which show would you choose? Downtown Abbey.
14. If you could take credit for any invention, what invention would you select? Indoor plumbing.
15. Would you rather be a boomerang or a Frisbee? And why? A Frisbee. It takes two to play and I love being with people.