For the past 9 years, we have had the privilege of equipping nonprofits everywhere with tools and solutions that have helped build relationships, collect and track contributions, communicate with ease, analyze, and report. Our constant desire has been to empower, support, and encourage nonprofits everywhere so that their mission can be accomplished. In that spirit, we have some great news…
We are excited to announce that GiftWorks 2014 will be released on Tuesday, August 20th. GiftWorks 2014 includes new and improved features. Many of these features came from suggestions that you submitted to us, our LinkedIn user group, and feedback we received through our GiftWorks Customer Care team. In addition, we also keep an eye on trends in the nonprofit community and try to ensure that you’re equipped with all you need to do good…better.
Here is a brief overview of what we’ve included in GiftWorks 2014 (there’s even more than what we’re listing below…but here are some features that you can expect):
For nonprofits that apply for and receive funding from grants, tracking those grants in GiftWorks is coming! GiftWorks 2014 will include the ability to:
- Define all the grant details – grant type, status, due dates, amounts, grant manager, grant writer, and more
- Track tasks related to the grant – get reminders for important work related to the grant
- Track notes and other files related to the grant
- Track donations related to the grant and other grant funding information
- Use grant reports to analyze your grant history over time, produce grant summaries, and list grant notes, tasks or donations and pledges
- Pledges are used to track the schedule of payments for a grant
For nonprofits that manage memberships – GiftWorks 2014 will make it a whole lot easier:
- Define membership programs, levels, benefits, and more.
- Track memberships dues
- Upgrade/downgrade memberships
- Process membership renewals
Integration with MailChimp
For nonprofits that use MailChimp as their email marketing service, GiftWorks 2014 will seamlessly integrate with MailChimp to eliminate double entry.
- Add donors to MailChimp mailing lists from within GiftWorks
- View campaign results and manage bounces
- View an donor’s email activity – opens, forwards, clicks, etc.
Synchronize tasks with popular calendar tools
GiftWorks 2014 includes the ability to synchronize tasks with external calendars. Never be late for another task!
- Synchronize tasks with a Microsoft Outlook calendar (installed on the desktop)
- Synchronize tasks with Google calendar (Gmail)
- Synchronize tasks with Hotmail calendar (Windows Live)
Improved Letter Library
The letter library in GiftWorks just got a whole lot easier to manage. We’ve included the ability to create your own letter categories to bring more organization to all your communication.
Social Media Writer
If you are using Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn, you can now post a message to all those social networks at once using our new social media tool!
Improved GiftWorks Events integration with GiftWorks
Managing event payments is more flexible – entering reservation payments as donations and associating other donations and pledges with events.
Some users think that SmartLists are one of the most powerful features in GiftWorks, and now they’re even more powerful. Need to compare one number or currency amount with another? No problem. Want to create a SmartList from a template that you’ve pre-designed? No problem with GiftWorks 2014.
Over the next few weeks, we’ll be talking more about these new features – and a whole lot more. Stay tuned.
We can’t wait for you to begin to use all these new features in GiftWorks 2014!
Steve Fafel, CEO